Filipino Scrambled Eggs is a classic breakfast dish made of eggs, tomatoes, and onions. It’s quick and easy to make yet so hearty and tasty. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or any meal of the day!
One of my favorite meals to wake up to in the morning is a plate of fluffy Filipino scrambled eggs and toasted pandesal or sinangag, and a cup of steaming tsokolate. It’s such a simple fare but so delicious and filling.
Not only is this eggs and tomato dish packed with comfort food flavors and good-for-you nutrients, but it’s also quick and easy to make, and economical. All it takes is fifteen minutes and 6 simple ingredients to have ready!
- Eggs– it goes without saying, the fresher the eggs, the better the flavor. If you have access to fresh free-range eggs, use them in this recipe!
- Tomatoes– use ripe Roma variety for a sweet and juicy taste
- Onions– the recipe calls for regular brown onions, but feel free to switch it up with shallots (sibuyas tagalog) or red onions for color and more pungent flavor
- Butter– adds creaminess; swap with olive oil for a healthier option
- Salt and pepper– season to taste
But while similar to kultyas, a ginisang kamatis at itlog usually serve as a side dish, the eggs take center stage in this recipe.
Serve this egg dish for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day you need a quick boost of energy and protein. Pair it with rice or with your favorite toast for a satisfying meal.